#1. Activation Instructions
Activation Code(s) for 2006 Nissan Xterra:
1. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. Release when the STATUS LIGHT stays illuminated steady indicating you have entered ACTIVATION MODE.
2. Enter your three digit ACTIVATION CODE within 15 seconds.
- Use the LOCK button for the first digit.
- Use the UNLOCK button for the second digit.
- Use the TRUNK button for the third digit.
For example: If your ACTIVATION CODE is 512, press the LOCK button 5 times, the UNLOCK button 1 time, and the TRUNK button 2 times.
3. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. The STATUS LIGHT will turn off.
4. Watch the remote’s STATUS LIGHT. The STATUS LIGHT will flash back the ACTIVATION CODE sequence.
For example: If the ACTIVATION CODE you entered is 512, the STATUS LIGHT will emit a series of flashes matching the ACTIVATION CODE entered in Step #2.
#2. Pairing Instructions
- Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock / unlock switch located on driver's door panel.
- Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds. Your hazard lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully.
NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed to fast, system will not enter programming mode.
- Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.
- Within 5 seconds, push ANY button oon the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.
- If there are any remaining remotes (including old ones), Unlock then Lock all doors using switch on driver's door panel and within 5 seconds press ANY button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. Repeat this step for each remote (including any existing remotes).
- Turn key to the off position, remove key from the ignition. Unlock door using switch on door panel and open driver's door.
- Test remote(s).
If you're having trouble with this online manual, there is more information in our electronic copy of the print manual