#1. Activation Instructions
Activation Code(s) for 2009 Ford Focus:
1. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. Release when the STATUS LIGHT stays illuminated steady indicating you have entered ACTIVATION MODE.
2. Enter your three digit ACTIVATION CODE within 15 seconds.
- Use the LOCK button for the first digit.
- Use the UNLOCK button for the second digit.
- Use the TRUNK button for the third digit.
For example: If your ACTIVATION CODE is 512, press the LOCK button 5 times, the UNLOCK button 1 time, and the TRUNK button 2 times.
3. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. The STATUS LIGHT will turn off.
4. Watch the remote’s STATUS LIGHT. The STATUS LIGHT will flash back the ACTIVATION CODE sequence.
For example: If the ACTIVATION CODE you entered is 512, the STATUS LIGHT will emit a series of flashes matching the ACTIVATION CODE entered in Step #2.
#2. Pairing Instructions
- Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
- Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
- Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.
- Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
If you're having trouble with this online manual, there is more information in our electronic copy of the print manual