#1. Activation Instructions
Activation Code(s) for 2002 Chevrolet Venture:
1. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. Release when the STATUS LIGHT stays illuminated steady indicating you have entered ACTIVATION MODE.
2. Enter your three digit ACTIVATION CODE within 15 seconds.
- Use the LOCK button for the first digit.
- Use the UNLOCK button for the second digit.
- Use the TRUNK button for the third digit.
For example: If your ACTIVATION CODE is 512, press the LOCK button 5 times, the UNLOCK button 1 time, and the TRUNK button 2 times.
3. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. The STATUS LIGHT will turn off.
4. Watch the remote’s STATUS LIGHT. The STATUS LIGHT will flash back the ACTIVATION CODE sequence.
For example: If the ACTIVATION CODE you entered is 512, the STATUS LIGHT will emit a series of flashes matching the ACTIVATION CODE entered in Step #2.
#2. Pairing Instructions
IMPORTANT NOTES: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the remote, all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program them again.
- Remove the key from the ignition.
- Remove the "BCM PRGRM" fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel to properly locate the "BCM PRGRM" fuse. Fuse panel is accessed by opening the front passenger door.
- Close all of the doors.
- Close the liftgate.
- Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.
- Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.
- Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into programming mode.
- Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
- Repeat step 8 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing remotes.
- Remove key from ignition.
- Install the "BCM PRGRM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
If you're having trouble with this online manual, there is more information in our electronic copy of the print manual