#1. Activation Instructions
Activation Code(s) for 2002 Chevrolet Impala:
1. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. Release when the STATUS LIGHT stays illuminated steady indicating you have entered ACTIVATION MODE.
2. Enter your three digit ACTIVATION CODE within 15 seconds.
- Use the LOCK button for the first digit.
- Use the UNLOCK button for the second digit.
- Use the TRUNK button for the third digit.
For example: If your ACTIVATION CODE is 512, press the LOCK button 5 times, the UNLOCK button 1 time, and the TRUNK button 2 times.
3. Press the FUNCTION I and PANIC buttons at the same time. The STATUS LIGHT will turn off.
4. Watch the remote’s STATUS LIGHT. The STATUS LIGHT will flash back the ACTIVATION CODE sequence.
For example: If the ACTIVATION CODE you entered is 512, the STATUS LIGHT will emit a series of flashes matching the ACTIVATION CODE entered in Step #2.
#2. Pairing Instructions
- Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio to off. Do not crank the engine.
- Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until settings is displayed.
- Press the SEEK up or down arrows until FOB PROG appears on the display.
- Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
- Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOB flashes, press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
- Repeat Step 5 for each additional transmitter up to four remotes total. You do not need to press the DISP button again, just press down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the next transmitter to be learned to a maximum of four transmitters per vehicle. The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.
EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.
- Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
- Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
If you're having trouble with this online manual, there is more information in our electronic copy of the print manual